Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My First Week

Well, I made it my first week at home with two children BY MYSELF!! YEAH!! Let me tell you though, it was tough! Not getting a lot of sleep during the night, then having to take care of three people...myself included, makes a tough day. I hate always having to tell Kinsie to wait because I'm either changing, feeding or burping Ella, but at the same time I love doing those things for Ella. I just wish that I could do more things at once! Why can't I be super mom? Having a baby in the house has been such a blessing and joy. I even love to hear her cry...that newborn cry doesn't last very long~ During the day I have to decide...do I want a shower or a nap today? Who knew that you'd have to someday choose if you needed a nap or shower..:) So to those of you who have come by the house to see our beautiful daughters....I'm sorry if I don't look the best...but atleast I'm not tired!!!! :)
This last friday I had to go into the doctor's because I had had a fever and found out that I had a staff infection in my bladder from the catheter (sp)and was getting masstitis...so I'm now on an antibiotic for those. With all of that going on I still love Nursing...I couldn't wait to nurse again! It was the best feeling in the world..knowing that I was the only one who had this special bond with my baby! Well enough of boring you for now...I'll post more later! Wish me luck on my next week!

5 comments:

Stephanie & Andrew Hansen said...

Jessica - I am so proud of you. You are such a strong person. Good luck with everything. I don't know from experience, but I know you'll get it under control soon. I'd bet that Kinsie understands that the baby needs a lot too. We miss you guys. love ya

Melanie said...

I'm terrified of the day I stay home with two kids! I'll never forget how I bawled when my mom went home after Hattie was born. Grandmas are lifesavers!

Unknown said...

Congrats on surviving your first week alone! Not an easy task, especially when you're supposed to be recovering, too! Don't worry, it DOES get easier...eventually. I still don't think it's possible to be super mom, but you will settle into a routine that works for you and the girls, and then it gets easier to anticipate needs, and do what you need to for yourself as well. I'm still trying to figure out how to sneak in my wants (blogging, scrapbooking, baking, etc.), but I suppose that will come, too.

Karli said...

Good job Jessica! I bet going from one to two is such a challenge. I barely find time for me with my one little guy sometimes. I know it has to get easier though, or we wouldn't do it, right? (: They are so worth it. You'll have to post more pictures when you get around to it. Glad you're feeling better and hope that you have lots of help. Maybe I'll try to drop by next week sometime if you're feeling up to it. Let me know if you need anything specific or any errands run.

Ashley Webb said...

Jessica, I know - it is so hard having two kids!! It's totally hard to not be able to help them both at the same time - all mom's should be given an extra set of arms with every new kid they get! I'm sure you'll figure out how to make it work though. Good luck - your family is beautiful!